Community Development Block Grant Rehabilitation Program
Escambia County's Housing Rehabilitation Program uses federal funding from the Community Development Block Grant Program allocated through the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. The funds are used to assist very low and low income families with code related repairs to their homes. The home must be in need of repairs that, if left unattended, could pose a threat to the family's health and safety.
HOME Substantial Rehabilitation/Reconstruction Program
The Escambia County HOME Substantial Rehabilitation/ Reconstruction Program is made available through a formula allocation administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development in accordance with provisions of the National Affordable Housing Act of 1990. The program is designed to afford the opportunity to assist homeowners residing in severely substandard housing units which are beyond the scope of the CDBG Housing Rehabilitation Program. These units require substantive structural work extending beyond normal rehabilitation and requiring reconstruction of many components of the housing unit.
- Must be a single family home located in unincorporated Escambia County.
- Be the owner occupant of the property with homestead exemption at the initial time of application.
- Property taxes and mortgage (if present) must be current on the property.
- Have a total gross family income that does not exceed 80 percent of the area median income for Escambia County adjusted for family size.
- Other program requirements must be met.